VIDA is a 36 months European project (2018-2021) funded by the INNOSUP Call of HORIZON 2020 to support the innovation potential of small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) working across European food chains interested in improving the use and efficiency of water, food, energy and key enabling technologies (KET).
The sectors of water, food, energy and key enabling technologies are intrinsically linked, meaning a failure in one sector can induce a cascade of failures or inefficiences in the dependant sectores. VIDA wants to merge the efforts and bring solutions that can be promptly scaled in different areas and stages of the food chain.
- Map the innovation capacity and needs of target audiences
- Tailor and maintain virtual and physical open innovation spaces for target audiences
- Improve the innovation potential and cooperation of SMEs
- Drive the development of large-scale, innovation projects and commercialisation projects
- Evaluate and validate the new industrial value chains created within VIDA Nexus
- Raise awareness of our project activities and results among European stakeholders
- Define a sustainable long-term strategy for the continuation of consortium activities after the project ends
Vida will build on the consortium’s extensive expertise to jointly pioneer new approaches to addressing the complex and cross-sectoral challenges by forming the VIDA Nexus.
The support for a realisation of high-technology readiness level (TRL) and large-scale, demonstration and commercialisation projects across Europe will be done through:
- Virtual collaboration tools
- Mentoring and knowledge-sharing activities
- ‘Twin-track’ innovation voucher scheme