- October 11, 2019
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Beneficiary Snapshot
Cloud Irrigation Platform based on Remote Wireless Data Adquisition
METOS IBERIA, RIS IBERIA
Jesús Ibáñez ( firstname.lastname@example.org )
After 30 years’ experience in Drip Irrigation, RIS Iberia has focused last years in the development of advanced automated irrigation and technology applied to agriculture, developing or own range of control hydraulic valves to automate installations. With this goal in mind, 2 years ago the company started a new ambitious development (called SPHERAg) aiming to monitor and control valves without local power or previous wireless connection availability. This project has been awarded regional funding for industrial digitalization thanks to its innovativeness for the prototype development and validation. The future evolution towards efficient irrigation (energy and water savings, an increase of crops productivity) is to integrate current devices into a smart agriculture platform for better monitoring and management of irrigation facilities.
It is already proven that adapting grower experience and the agronomist know-how to technology can provide important savings in energy, water consumption, crop production and reduce crop diseases. The proposed platform will not only show data from sensors deployed in the field in real-time but it will also integrate satellite images and crop parameters (also existing already) and communicate back to the installation, to the control hydraulic valves. The demonstration in the field of communication protocol represents the innovation of this project, that will increase the sustainability of the agricultural practice by the use of technology and IoT products to automatize procedures.
This project will develop a real scale demonstration of the proposed innovative solution based on the following elements:
- Data acquisition integrating Satellite Images through NDVI (Normalized Difference Vegetation Index);
- Integration of communication systems: Latest communication technology applied to sensors and field actuators. LTE communication system allows bidirectional connection with the equipment in real-time and with negligible energy consumption;
- Cloud back end: Programming a back end in which all data info received in conjunction with the capability to send data to irrigation valves and other equipment;
- Cloud environment: Web portal in which users will have access to information and status of agricultural farms as well as modification of operating parameters of irrigation systems:
- Crop hydric needs;
- Pesticides linked Disease models and disease risks;
- ON / OFF Pumps;
- Filtering systems cleaning.